Whether it’s buying of selling real estate, realtors will assist and represent you to get the best deal possible. Unless you know how to communicate effectively with a realtor, the process of brokering a real estate deal can be cumbersome and costly. It’s not that difficult once you know the rules.
Here are some tips for working with a realtor:
- Be clear on the specifics – after the initial presentation, be very clear about your expectations, while the realtor should explain his services and prices, including commission.
- Keep you appointments and be on time – don’t make an appointment and forget to show up and if you are going to be late call the agent to let him know.
- Choose the best realtor – you can work without representation and deal directly with listing agents or hire your own agent; if you hire your own interview them to find the most agreeable agent.
- Don’t call a listing agent if you are working with a buying agent – listing agents work for the seller not the buyer.
- Practice open house protocol – in some areas it is frowned upon to go to open houses unescorted so attend with your agent or hand your agent’s business card to the agent hosting the open house.
- Sign a buyer’s broker agreement with a buying agent – be ready to sign a buyer’s agreement before you look at houses but ask your agent if you can become released from the contract if you are dissatisfied.
- Make your expectations known – you can arrange to be picked up for showings and driven home afterwards. Let your agent know how you will communicate with him and set realistic goals and a time frame for finding a home.
- Make sure you understand everything before you sign a contract – ask the agent for explanations of anything in the contract and remember that agents are not attorneys so if you need legal advice consult with an attorney.
You can avoid using a real estate agent if you check out a By Carrier home yourself. By Carrier offers custom built homes in prestigious Connecticut communities, including Farmington and East Lyme. Spacious, energy efficient homes can be customized for your family in active adult and planned communities that offer first class homes for couples and large families. By Carrier homes are energy efficient with gas furnaces, air conditioning system, hot water heaters and Low-E windows that save energy and reduce your utility bills.
By Carrier wants you custom home buying experience to by stress-free so it provides fine interior and exterior features in every home along with an industry leading five year warranty to make your move that much easier.
Contact By Carrier today to learn about custom built home options around Connecticut in communities that provide exceptional living opportunities for your family.